Citizen's Bond Oversight Committee
South Bay Union School District hosts a Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) to review and oversee the use of Proposition X, Y, and Proposition NN voter approved funds as required by Proposition 39 and Section 15278 of the Education Code. This includes the VIP Preschool Rebuild and the Emory Academy Modernization.
The CBOC performs the following duties:
- Informs the public concerning the District's expenditures of bond proceeds.
- Reviews expenditures to ensure that bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in the ballot measures.
- Presents reports to the Board of Trustees.
The Citizens Bond Oversight Committee meets three times per year (September, January, and May).
We are seeking interested community members to join the CBOC in the following positions:
- Parent with Currently Enrolled Student
- PTA member with a Currently Enrolled Student
- Tax Association Representative
- Community Member At Large
If you are interested in applying for a position, please email here.
Citizen Oversight Committee Information:
- Meeting Schedule: September 17, 2019; January 14, 2020; and May 5, 2020.
- 2020-2021 Meeting Schedule: September 8, 2020; January 19, 2021; and May 4, 2021.
- Contact Information
Citizen Oversight Committee Materials: