SBUSD Transportation Department___________________________Transporting Our Future!The Transportation TEAM is comprised of a variety of experienced pupil transportation specialists!Every School Bus Driver has completed an exhuastive training program that includes:
- Classroom Instruction (minimum of 20 hours - usually 35hrs)
- Behind-the-Wheel Instruction (minimum of 20 hours - usually 35hrs)
- Testing with the CA Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) (six different tests)
- Testing wtith the CA Highway Patrol (CHP) (Written exams & Behind-the-Wheel drive test)
- Fingerprinting with the CHP, as well as the District for two background checks
- Medical exam (ongoing every 1 to 2 years)
- Renewal training as well as annual refresher courses (a minimum of 10 hours annually)
The California Department of Education provides the curriculum for all school transportation professionals.
Our bus attendants, office staff, and mechanics are equally well trained, background checked, and eager to serve our young customers!
If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
ALL students must have a bus pass to ride the bus.
Please ensure your child takes their bus pass daily to and from school. Students who forget, or have lost their bus pass, may ride to school; however, they will not be allowed to ride home without a bus pass.
If your child has lost their bus pass contact the Transportation Dept to notify that you need a replacement. Replacement cards are $5.00
Hours of Operation are: Vary