Digitial Citizenship Resources for Families
The District will provide curriculum for teachers to teach Digital Citizenship lessons regularly, in accordance with CIPA :: The Children's Internet Protection Act. We also have a responsibility to provide safeguards while on district devices. Our iPads and Chromebooks come with monitoring abilities and block inapporpriate content.
There are several ways to protect your students on familiy devices (not district owned).
- Contact your Internet Service Provider about safeguards they can enable for you.
- Use a free online tool Qustodio Free Online Protection
- Talk to your students about responsible use and provide a model for your students about what a balanced digital diet looks like.
- CommonSense Media is a nationally known organization and provides resources about:
- Talking to kids about cell phones, bullying, and the newest trends
- Age appropriate content
- Movie ratings
- Family conversation guides
- Digital Citizenship
- Google's Tools for the Home includes a family pledge and guides to help at home.
- Other resources: