Contacts, Resources & Supports for our Military Families
School Liaison Officer (SLO), Naval Base Coronado
Your School Liaison Officer (SLO) is here to:
- Answer questions about school enrollment options.
- Provide information about local schools and boundaries.
- Assist with inbound/outbound school transfers.
- Help you navigate the special education process.
- Provide resources for college readiness.
- Assist with agency referrals...and more!
Email: [email protected]
Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC)
Due to the unique challenges faced by military families, the Department of Defense provides a Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) to provide free, confidential, non-medical counseling to military students and families via small group, individual, family, or couples sessions. An MFLC is also available to provide scheduled briefings focused on parenting skills, stress management, deployment cycles, resiliency, friendship skills, and more. In SBUSD, the MFLC supports on site at three schools: Emory Elementary, IB Charter, and Oneonta Elementary. Learn more or schedule a session by calling 619-403-0686.
(links will take you away from SBUSD)
Silver Strand Navy Youth & Teen Center
Youth Sponsorship brochure - see below
Teen Program flyer - see below
Family Forces brochure - see below
F*O*C*U*S flyer - see below
Fleet & Family Support Community Resource Guide - see below
United Through Reading “How it Works” flyer